NEWS: TETSUYA NOMURA TALKS ABOUT KINGDOM HEARTS 3 DURING INTERVIEW
We didn’t get to see Kingdom Hearts 3 at Tokyo Game Show this year, but series director Tetsuya Nomura revealed several new bits of information regarding its development during an interview with Famitsu this week. Here’s a list of everything Nomura had to say:
- Despite recent rumors of Frozen making an appearance in the game, Nomura has denied these claims as false.
- Picking out new worlds to visit in KH3 has been pretty difficult lately.
- Turns out, the secret conversation between the two unknown characters at the end of the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX E3 trailer is actually much longer, going at about 2 minutes in length.
- Square Enix is attempting to cut down the wait time between Kingdom Hearts 2.5 and Kingdom Hearts 3 as much as possible.
- Square Enix is continuing to work on development for its online MMO, Kingdom Hearts X (Chi).
- Square Enix is seriously considering an HD remake for Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.
- Development for KH3 is going smoothly and according to plan.
- There have been some design-related issues related to the game’s engine, but the written plot scenario, world choices and new outfit designs for Sora and Riku are advancing quickly.
- Hilariously enough, Sora’s mobility right now is way too high and practically makes him invincible by the game’s end level. More invincible than Final Form? Hard to believe.
- There’s a vast amount of new keyblade options for this game, and the developers are comparing it to Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep’s combat system with keyblades.
- Square Enix has plenty more projects in store for the Kingdom Hearts series, but plans to set those aside and only focus on the projects it currently has on the table.
That about sums it up. A lot of new information regarding KH3’s development stage, but it sounds like things are going quite well. Nomura will have quite more time to focus on Kingdom Hearts now that he’s stepped down from his position has director of Final Fantasy XV. Hopefully we’ll get to see some more test footage of Kingdom Hearts 3 sometime soon.
Picture via Kotaku
Leave a Reply